Panda Chess Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Accepted]Sebo Feral Tank Application

+2
Circhi
sebo
6 posters

Go down

[Accepted]Sebo Feral Tank Application Empty [Accepted]Sebo Feral Tank Application

Post  sebo Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:26 am

Name: Joe Bayley

Short description of yourself and your life: In the middle of jobs at the moment. Saving money so i can go travelling in the summer. Ive got a few interviews lined up over the next week and then im going to america to see a friend on the 14th of December. Apart from Playing wow, i really arent doing much with my life at the moment. I get up at about 3/4 in the afternoon and turn on my computer, thats where i stay til about 4 in the morning . Rinse and Repeat.

Character name: Sebo

Class: Druid

Race: Tauren

Professions: 450 LW, Skinning, Mining and Enchanting

Armory link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Talnivarr&n=Sebo

Spec: Feral Tank

Reason for choosing your spec: Played around with all 3 specs. Resto is unbelievably boring, just jumping around hitting rejuv. I feel i work better under pressure and therefore i was drawn to tanking.

Are you willing to respec if we need you to?: Sure, i have gear for resto which is the same level maybe slightly better than my tank gear. I also have moonkin and feral dps gear if needed.

Did you play your character from scratch?: yes, druid was my second of 3 80's that i have and i levelled him from 1 in Mulgore.

When did you start playing wow?: Starting playing about 2 years ago when i saw my friend 'Rane' in arena and once i had done the 10 day trial, i couldnt buy the game fast enough.

Describe your spell/ability rotation on a regular raid encounter:
SINGLE TARGET--> FFF, Maul, Charge, Mangle, Alternating Lacerate and Maul until 5 maul points, Demo shout, then i just keep up the dots using Maul and lacerate to increase my TPS.

MULTI TARGET--> FFF(on the skull), Maul, Charge, (Berserk if burst Damage is needed), Then i would swipe to get aggro on all of the mobs.

How do you prepare yourself for a raid?: Obviously always well equipped, health pots and flasks. Always have at least 5 Stonebloods in my Bag. Always early and on vent before the raid is schedueled to begin.

Do you keep yourself up to date when it comes to theorycrafting and class changes: When i level a new character to 80, i always find someone that is exceptional at playing their class. For example, when i levelled my hunter, Jimmycarr, i used to ask Meanlead every question under the sun about improving my spec, rotation, gear and dps. With Sebo, my first point of call is Thraxis. I have a friend in School Bus who introduced me to thraxis and he is always the first one i talk to when i get a new piece of gear and need gem advice etc.

What are your current regular playtimes?: Lost my job about 2 days ago, which i suppose is good for u guys, so i dont have to be anywhere apart from some interviews for the next 12 days. After i get back from America at the start of January, i will be looking for a job, but this will be hopefully in the day time and shouldnt interfere with raiding.

Are you involved in any activities that could interfere with your raiding?: Answered previously.

Pre-TBC raid experience: none.

TBC-raid experience: Everything up to twins in sunwell.

WotLK-raid experience: Everything up to toc25hc mode. Although im still waiting to down algalon and get 'Sebo the Astral Walker'.

Do you know your way around Ventrilo 2.x and have a microphone (and aren't afraid to use it): Yes

Which guilds have you previously been in?:Army, Anarchikoi, Unknown Entity

Why did you leave / Why were you kicked?: Army and Anarchikoi disbanded and i got kicked from UE because i joined a Chop-Chop toc25 raid and they were like OMGLOLWTFNOPUGGING /KICK

Why do you want to join Panda Chess Club?: I have seen members with good gear and that is something i am looking to improve. Im not sure, but i believe that up until recently you werent open to english applicants.

Why should we consider recruiting you? (Sell yourself... This is an important question:
I feel that i am a good contributing member of a guild. I am always on time for raids unless i have a very good reason. I dont have anything else going on in my life that would interfere with progress. I never want to give up at something once i have started, so you will never see me as soon as it hits the schedueled raid time going 'OK LETS CALL IT'. I feel i have a very good knowledge about the 3 classes that i play in all specs. I can learn fights very fast and i have a very good grasp on game mechanics. All of these thing i think would make me a good raider.

Do you know anyone in the guild that would be able to vouch for your membership?: I have probably pugged with some guildies so ask in guild chat and im sure that some people remember me.

thanks for reading

sebo

Back to top Go down

[Accepted]Sebo Feral Tank Application Empty Re: [Accepted]Sebo Feral Tank Application

Post  Circhi Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:26 am

Nice apply, good gems and enchant. Ofc you have some gear to work on but what's the point in playing if you cant improve? Razz

Looking forward to discuss your application with the other officers. Untill then bye

Best Regards

Circhi
Circhi
Circhi

Back to top Go down

[Accepted]Sebo Feral Tank Application Empty Re: [Accepted]Sebo Feral Tank Application

Post  Quinzeta Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:49 am

Nice apply and good gems and enchants

However i noticed you are using the 200hp enchant on the chest while 275hp is the best hp enchant

Also i have a question to you, why have you used 5 talent points to get maxed master shapeshifter instead of feral aggression? Atm demorolizing roar reduces incoming melee damage with about 15% and with the imp talent it reduces it with an extra 5 percentile, reducing incoming damage with 20% while 5 points for master shapeshifter wich grants you close to 4% tps increase, though i don't know maybe the tps increase is really important for you

Good Luck

Quinzeta

Back to top Go down

Post  Fiskmaskinen Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:01 pm

Quinzeta wrote:Nice apply and good gems and enchants

However i noticed you are using the 200hp enchant on the chest while 275hp is the best hp enchant

Also i have a question to you, why have you used 5 talent points to get maxed master shapeshifter instead of feral aggression? Atm demorolizing roar reduces incoming melee damage with about 15% and with the imp talent it reduces it with an extra 5 percentile, reducing incoming damage with 20% while 5 points for master shapeshifter wich grants you close to 4% tps increase, though i don't know maybe the tps increase is really important for you

Good Luck

Could be that some other player provide the imp. demo.

I think I've done some pugs with you! But i can't remember if you're any good or not.
Nice application. Good luck =)

Over and out, Fiskmaskinen.
Fiskmaskinen
Fiskmaskinen

Back to top Go down

Post  Brikk Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:49 pm

Alright, a couple of suggestions here:

1) 200 health on chest is wrong. The 18 stam armor kit is actually better, since it scales with bearform and kings, and therefore actually provides more raw health than 275 health while raidbuffed.

2) Master Shapeshifter is a solid threatbased spec, no matter what Circhi says Smile I'm actually thinking of going MSS myself since I'm rage starved most of the time and need to be capable to build more singletarget threat.

As said before, we'll discuss your application and get back to you ASAP, bare with us Smile

Brikk
Brikk
Brikk
Admin

http://pandachessclub.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

[Accepted]Sebo Feral Tank Application Empty Sebo Feral Tank application

Post  sebo Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:12 pm

My choice for the MSS was indeed due to being rage starved and to the much needed threat. Other feral tanks will know that we suck at building threat and its nice to that that increase especially at the start of a fight so the target is not running up to the warlock that doesnt know how to use soulshatter.
And because i was gearing tank as offspec whilst healing, i chose the 200 enchant just due to money really. My chest was the last item that i am upgrading. I will actually be upgrading it to t9 today. Because it was the last item, you are seeing the last enchant that i have slacked on.
When i get my t9, you are saying that i should choose 18stam yea? because i was thinking of going for 10 stats. Would that be a big mistake?
thanks

sebo

Back to top Go down

Post  Brikk Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:14 pm

10 stats is definately the way to go when it comes to mitigation, avoidance and threat, but it's not your best option for pure survivability. The reason i suggested 18 stam is because its a cheap way to max out your healthpool, but if that isnt your intention, I would definately recomend 10 stats since it's a better enchant overall.
Brikk
Brikk
Admin

http://pandachessclub.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Barbaskön Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:17 am

Accepted Smile

Barbaskön

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down