Panda Chess Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Declined]Drivenlight - Prot Paladin

3 posters

Go down

[Declined]Drivenlight - Prot Paladin Empty [Declined]Drivenlight - Prot Paladin

Post  ------------------- Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:59 am

Short description of yourself and your life: I have graduated from high school and this year I'm taking courses to prepare for student university placement exams. I have lots of time left for myself after the courses and I decided to join a guild since my life became more organized.

Character name: Drivenlight
Class: Paladin
Race: Blood Elf
Professions: Blacksmithing / Engineering
Armory link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Talnivarr&n=Drivenlight
Spec: Protection (Holy Offspec)
Reason for choosing your spec: I had an 80 Death Knight DPS and it was really frustrating for me. I always wondered how it is to be a tank or a healer so I tried both on my Paladin and decided to be a tank in the end.
Are you willing to respec if we need you to?: I started as a Holy Paladin so I got [Epic] Holy gear with DMC: Greatness and stuff. I like to tank best but I can go Holy when it's needed. I wouldn't think of respecing to retribution maybe after Cataclysm.
Did you play your character from scratch?: Yes.
When did you start playing wow?: Like 3 months before Ulduar patch.
Describe your spell/ability rotation on a regular raid encounter: I just do the regular 696 rotation. I use Divine Sacrifice and Divine Protection when needed. I also use LoH to save a healer or the other tank when it's needed.
How do you prepare yourself for a raid?: First, I check if I am saved Razz I always make sure that I have full stacks of these:
Flask of Stoneblood, Flask of the Frost Wyrm and Fish Feast (I don't use these if I am not going to a guild run or a zerg pug.)
Runic Healing Potion and Runic Mana Potion (Never use them but should be handy on emergencies Very Happy)
Swiftness Potion, Lesser Invisibility Potion and Elixir of Water Walking (Being a paladin shouldn't mean that I can't walk on the water or go invisible Wink)
Symbol of Kings and Symbol of Divinity
Sauteed Goby or Smoked Rockfin (Same stats with the mage food. I have these so I don't have to nag mages for table Razz)
Do you keep yourself up to date when it comes to theorycrafting and class changes: I follow multiple news feeds to learn about general updates and incoming changes for my class. If there is an update, I know about it.

What are your current regular playtimes?: 19 PM to 1 AM (Server time)
Are you involved in any activities that could interfere with your raiding?: Sometimes I study or play DotA with my friends, but those won't interfere with my raiding times. I am always available at the time I mentioned above.

Pre-TBC raid experience - TBC-raid experience: I have been to all pre-TBC and TBC dungeons, but on level 80 since I started playing post-WotLK.
WotLK-raid experience: I have been to all WotLK raids, but ICC.
Do you know your way around Ventrilo 2.x and have a microphone (and aren't afraid to use it): I can use Ventrilo.
Which guilds have you previously been in?: I am currently in Far Sight.
Why did you leave / Why were you kicked?: Most of our members quit the game for several reasons so we don't have enough members to raid now.
Why do you want to join Panda Chess Club?: Sounds fun, pandas are cute Smile
Do you know anyone in the guild that would be able to vouch for your membership?: Vouch? No, but I think I know Quikken from somewhere.
Why should we concider recruiting you?: I can say that I have three qualities that separates me from random people.

First, I have a different approach on tanking. Tanks are sadly metered by their HP and I don't think that this is right. A tank's job is to avoid the damage or at least a part of it. This is done by stuff like dodge, parry, block and armor, not HP. I see lots of tanks using Brewfest trinkets to pump up their HP, sacrificing their other stats to look like they are better. I prefer using items that give me more armor or avoidance which always proved me that it's better on different situations.

Second, I can take basic instructions and I won't have problem doing what the raid leader says. Since I was pugging a lot lately, I saw that most people just can't do basic stuff even after we tell them what to do before we start the run, after the first wipe and after the second wipe... If there are two types of people, I'm the one who does not stand on that stupid fire Razz

Third, I'm crafty. I have Jeeves and T.T. Mammoth when people need reagents or repair. I always have a full stack of Fish Feast with me. I can go Holy on emergencies. Since I got the Epic achievement with my Holy spec I got good gear for it. I am also a Blacksmith and an Engineer. I can craft gear and ammo for the raid members for free. (I don't have the epic ammo yet though...) And of course, as a paladin, I have BoS, auras and Divine Sacrifice to help the raid. You might even get DI'd by me and save money from repairs Razz

Thanks in advance,
AlicanC

-------------------

Back to top Go down

[Declined]Drivenlight - Prot Paladin Empty Re: [Declined]Drivenlight - Prot Paladin

Post  Fiskmaskinen Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:39 pm

Sweet application, moderate gear, nice enchants. Sound like a neat guy. A protection paladin would be awesome.
I'll talk to the other officers later this evening.

Good luck!

Over & out.
Fiskmaskinen
Fiskmaskinen

Back to top Go down

[Declined]Drivenlight - Prot Paladin Empty Re: [Declined]Drivenlight - Prot Paladin

Post  Rosesred Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:57 pm

We feel like you have kinda low hp, very little achivments. so it kinda feels like you have been boosted.
Try to get your hp up a bit and redo the application.
Goodluck!
/Pcc

Rosesred
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down