Panda Chess Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Accepted]Holy Priest- Hlp

4 posters

Go down

[Accepted]Holy Priest- Hlp Empty [Accepted]Holy Priest- Hlp

Post  Hlp Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:29 pm

Name: Stewart
Short description of yourself and your life: Im currently at university in wales studying creative writing and english lit. Uhh I play WoW and get pissed, pretty easy life between my course and spare time WoW fits in nicely.

Character name: Hlp
Ckass: Priest
Race: Undead
Professions: Mining/ Engi (lvling for the bike)
Armory link:http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Talnivarr&n=Hlp
Spec: Holy/ Disc
Reason for choosing your spec: I used to play a hunter and lvl 70 end game raiding, i rerolled priest for healing and therefor chose both healing specs available Very Happy

Are you willing to respec if we need you to?: ofc always ready to listen to people bigger and better

Did you play your character from scratch?: i have lvl'd him from the beginning of TBC but didnt raid with him until WOTLK

When did you start playing wow?: I have played WoW from the day it was released to the present

Describe your spell/ability rotation on a regular raid encounter: Umm as im healing it really differs per encounter, but for my main spec holy, I use alot of renews and POM's to conserve mana and if i am on raid healing i usually prefer to use COH over Prayer of healing unles it is very intense raid damage. on tank healing i like to use greater heals when in trouble or just keep them topped with POM and renew and shields.
How do you prepare yourself for a raid?: I hit up the AH buying pots that I need and then usually watch some tankspot to get a revamp of the tactics

Do you keep yourself up to date when it comes to theorycrafting and class changes: I try to keep up to date as possible by reading alot of forums when im not playing WoW (its a serious nerd drug this game)

What are your current regular playtimes?: atm I play pretty much everyday and every night
Are you involved in any activities that could interfere with your raiding?: No

Pre-TBC raid experience: Zul'Gurrub and Molten Core
TBC-raid experience:everything up to and including Black Temple (hunter)
WotLK-raid experience: I have cleared Naxx, Ulduar 10 (not algalon), Totc 10, Ony 10/25, VoA 10/25. I have experience in TOGC 10 (up to faction champs), Ulduar 25 (up to Keepers), and I have not downed any bosses in TOGC 25 or Anub in normal TotC 25 (guild just doesn't raid it anymore). And In ICC i have cleared up to Saurfang in 25, and up to Festergut in 10 man.

Do you know your way around Ventrilo 2.x and have a microphone (and aren't afraid to use it): Yes and I am an active member, i feel that if you dont talk when you need something cleared up (tactics) or any other multiple reason during a raid then there really is no point in you being there cause you will just cause continous wipes

Which guilds have you previously been in?: on my priest I have been in Aggressive Sense, Rise of the Phoenix, and Hydra (all are continuation from Aggressive Sense from when it broke down)

Why did you leave / Why were you kicked?: I havent left any of them, each one broke down, though I am looking for a more serious 25 man experienced guild.

Why do you want to join Panda Chess Club?: I know a few people in your guild and joined you guys raid and I enjoyed it very much.

Why should we concider recruiting you? (Sell yourself... This is an important question: I am a very reliable raider, I enjoy it too much to miss a raid. Also I class myself as a good healer, one of the reasons for this is the fact that I can accept that I will always need improving due to the constant game changes through patchs. The fact that I am always ready for a raid before time with flasks tactics and food. I have also raided since the vanilla WoW and would count myself as an experienced raider who rarely fails at tactics.

Do you know anyone in the guild that would be able to vouch for your membership?: I know Totemterror,Kza, and Quikken, I also joined you in a TOTC 25 (dont know if you will remember me)

(I would like to apologize for any spelling errors in this apply I have just got home from 24 hours of traveling)
Thank you for taking the time to read my apply,
Hlp

Last edited by Hlp on Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:30 pm; edited 3 times in total

Hlp

Back to top Go down

[Accepted]Holy Priest- Hlp Empty Re: [Accepted]Holy Priest- Hlp

Post  Geraldine Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:17 am

Hello there Hlp I did read your apply and i got some comments.

Hlp wrote:
Professions: Mining/ Engi (lvling for the bike)
Armory link:http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Talnivarr&n=Hlp
Why don't you level jc? much better for the class and a chopper cost over 15k make one.

You have 3, 20+int gems that you can swap to 12sp + 10 int or 12sp+10 spirit since it's better.
One of your glyph is Glyph of Flash Heall that you can swap to Prayer of Healing since it's better.

Don't say you have done everything when you havn't done ToGc.

Just want to help out here, Geraldine over and out

Ps. fix the rep whit sons of hodir
Geraldine
Geraldine

Back to top Go down

Post  Starfaller Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:57 pm

@ Geraldine

The glyphs of a holy priest is all up to the priest him/herself. With the 6 (in my opinion) ideal ones being CoH, flash heal, renew, GS, PoH and shield, only 1 is mandatory, which is CoH. For the remaining 2 slots, the priest can choose to have the ones he'd like, and thinks is the most suitable for his way of healing. I myself while playing a holy priest had these; PoH, CoH and flash heal. If he chooses to have flash heal instead of PoH, it's his choice. IF anything, I'd switch GS for PoH.
Don't force someone to do something he doesn't necessarily need to do. You're not really "helping", when doing this.

And to Hlp, good luck with your application, I liked it overall Wink

ooo btw, with Zul'farrak I suppose you mean Zul'Gurub?

Starfaller

Back to top Go down

Post  Hlp Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:56 pm

Hey guys thanks for your reply's, both hold equally good points and I'd like to thank you for your input. (so dont worry geraldine Razz)

@ geraldine, first of all thank you for taking the time to look through my apply. If you noticed I have changed my gems as I write this apply. I will probably be changing to JC seeing as I have been on some forums to check out what you said and they all seem to agree. Also I have PoH in my disc spec and was actually thinking about adding it to my glyphs in my holy spec and replace PwS glyph but i really dont know cause I use shield quite often and it seemed to fit nicely with my play style, tho I probably will try it out. I apologise for the 'everything comment and will see to it I edit it out.

@Starfaller thank you as well for taking the time to look at my post. I do agree with you about everyone having a certain play style but I also like to play about with glyphs and specs. haha *blush* thank you for pointing out that mistake (tho I have probably wiped more in ZF in classic WoW when lvling Razz)

Hlp

Back to top Go down

Post  Circhi Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:45 am

You'll have a answer on sunday, sorry for the slow reply!
Circhi
Circhi

Back to top Go down

Post  Hlp Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:20 pm

No problem, thank you for keeping me informed

Hlp

Back to top Go down

Post  Circhi Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:15 pm

Accepted

Whisper a officer for a invite!