Panda Chess Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Accepted]Starfaller - Arcane Mage

5 posters

Go down

[Accepted]Starfaller - Arcane Mage Empty [Accepted]Starfaller - Arcane Mage

Post  Starfaller Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:12 am

Hello, people of PCC! I'm applying in hope to get to play with my friends again on Talnivarr and at the same time be part of a friendly and progressing guild. I left the realm more than a month ago to play with my old alliance guild which migrated to Dragonblight, so I decided to tag along and they welcomed me and we got to place 4 on the Alliance side's ToGC progression. Then after 3 weeks the guild disbanded and left me puzzled. The mostpart of the guild continued under a new name and I eventually joined them aswell. But yesterday I called it a quit. I'll get to the reason later in the app. Now, have a read at the rest and hopefully you will consider this even though you apparently dont really need another mage.

Name: Tom K
Short description of yourself and your life: I'm Tom as stated. I'm a kind of ordinary guy living in a house in a village, in the middle of nowhere. I study at Portalens Gymnasium in Lidköping along with "Geraldine" among others. My free time consists of playing WoW, playing WoW....playing WoW and listening to music. I'm a calm and mature guy who enjoys playing with others, and that's why I play this game.

Character name
: Starfaller
Class: Mage
Race: Blood elf
Professions: Herbalism(450), Alchemy(450) along with Mining(450) and JC(450) on my paladin.
Armory link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Talnivarr&n=starfaller
Spec: Arcane (57/3/11)
Reason for choosing your spec: I was previously TTW-fire specced and tried out arcane to see what would be the most efficient for me. I was happy with the results and liked the play style so I stuck by it.

Are you willing to respec if we need you to?: Yes.

Did you play your character from scratch?
: Well, honestly no. This character was granted levels all the way from 1 to 60, but after that, it has been me playing.

When did you start playing wow?: summer 2006

Describe your spell/ability rotation on a regular raid encounter: 4x arcane blasts, topped with arcane missiles if missile barrage procs, if it doesn't, then clear the debuff with arcane barrage. Then rince and repeat.

How do you prepare yourself for a raid?: I make sure i got everything I need to do, done before the raid, then I get the flasks needed, repair my gear and bring money for more repairs.

Do you keep yourself up to date when it comes to theorycrafting and class changes: Yes

What are your current regular playtimes?: Every day, from around 16.00 to around 23.30. Note! I need a quick break at around 22.00 to fast get the dog out for a pee, I try to time this best as possible with raid breaks.

Are you involved in any activities that could interfere with your raiding?: None. WoW is my only activity!

Pre-TBC raid experience: None. Did not get to max level until TBC had arrived.

TBC-raid experience:
Karazhan: cleared countless times.
ZA: 4 bosses cleared (I think), would be all but hexlord and Zul'jin.
Gruul: Cleared
Maggy: Cleared
SSC: Up to Vashj
TK: Lootreaver and Solarian
MH: Up to Archimode
BT: Najentus, Supremus, Shade of Akama
SWP: None

WotLK-raid experience:
Naxx10/25: Cleared/Cleared
OS10/25: Cleared/Cleared
VoA10/25: Cleared/Cleared (no shit)
EoE10/25: Cleared/Cleared
Ulduar10/25: Up to yogg/Up to yogg
ToC10/25: Cleared/Cleared
ToGC10/25: Up to Anub(Got replaced every time just before anub, kek)/Anub on 40%
ICC10/25: None/Saurfang, but not the bosses before

Do you know your way around Ventrilo 2.x and have a microphone (and aren't afraid to use it): Ventrilo 2.x sucks and I prefer 3+ but yeah, I know my way around. I do have a microphone and I use it frequently if I'd like to speak Smile Not really a shy guy on vent and I always speak my mind.

Which guilds have you previously been in?: Delayed/Solitude (Where I was the leader), Avenging Wrath, Second Wind and on Dragonblight; Consensio/Solar Wind

Why did you leave / Why were you kicked?: Solar Wind was the first one that hasn't disbanded yet. I recently got into a big disagreement about a couple of new applications with their so called "Healing advisor" which is kind of a low ranked officer. Things started to turn ugly and evolved into simple pie-throwing and he started insult me pretty harsch, which led me to the decision to listen to his words; "GTFO". So here I am.

Why do you want to join Panda Chess Club?: I want what I always strived for, a serious guild that at the same time has a friendly atmosphere. I wanna play with my buddies again on a character I really enjoy, and in a guild I also will enjoy.

Why should we concider recruiting you? (Sell yourself... This is an important question: I can contribute with my high attendance and dedication. Add my skills, my mature and friendly attitude, my excellent English skills and general knowledge of the game, and you got a delicious awesome-member-cupcake Smile. On a more serious note; I'm concerned that my gear don't match your criterias, but I don't expect to take a better geared mage's spot anywhere, and I would happily work hard to improve it in the ways I can. I hope you consider this application because of me, not my gear.

Do you know anyone in the guild that would be able to vouch for your membership?: Geraldine is a long time friend of mine, and also my class mate. Lillykins is another close friend whom I'd very much like to play with again! Very Happy

Oh and to finish this off, I'd like to clarify what I have been playing and when, because it's very confusing Smile Basically it looks like this:

Char1 Arlynn - Prot warrior during TBC and was my first main, raided kara, gruul and maggy with it. abandoned it in Wotlk at 80
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Boulderfist&n=Arlynn
Char2 Kesoria - BM hunter during TBC, was my character that I got the farthest with but never bothered to level it much after that
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Boulderfist&n=Kesoria
Char3 Darmeus - Holy priest during TBC, only raided kara occacsionally, but in Wotlk it has been my primary character and the one I have been doing the harder raids with. My most recent main.
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dragonblight&n=Darmeus
Char4 Tyraeis - Assasination rogue. Hit 80 during Wotlk and got abandoned quickly because of my rerolling on Talnivarr. Picked this up a few days ago to gear up a bit but I'm abandoning it again it seems :/
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Boulderfist&n=Tyraeis
Char5 Starrchild - Holy/prot paladin. Was my first 80 here on Talnivarr and I played it mostly as holy but switched to me mage because of issues with the playstyle of a holy pally. Been doing all kinds of raids on this one, excluding ToGC.
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Talnivarr&n=Starrchild
Char6 Starfaller - The one and only arcane mage. I switched main character to this one because I enjoyed it more and felt more comfortable with it. Has basically the same raid history as the former, but being a tad thinner.
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Talnivarr&n=Starfaller

That's it for me! Hope this will be considered and thank you for you time. Feel free to ask me anything. Peace out.

Starfaller

Back to top Go down

[Accepted]Starfaller - Arcane Mage Empty Re: [Accepted]Starfaller - Arcane Mage

Post  Circhi Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:03 am

I like the apply and the personality!

But as you already know we might not be able to put another mage in the guild. But since i know that some mages have slacked lately we might need a mage.

But this isnt my decision to take alone and we need to speak abit and make the decision togheter.

Circhi out
Circhi
Circhi

Back to top Go down

Post  Geraldine Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:31 am

This is on of my oldest friends i have and still talks too. He's really nice guy imo and he is also calm and keeps the focus when he is playing. He's also very talkactiv and know alot of things.

Hope i can see you in the guild soon!

This snowflaks is making my firerox lagg as hell Sad
Geraldine
Geraldine

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicorobín Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:18 pm

Great application. But with so many alts isn't it hard to stay on 1 char? As it shows in the application you've played on all your characters equally. If you join I guess we would want you as mage an not want you to change to a paladin for example after 1 week.
This aint my call tho, just want you to think about it :] Good luck otherwise!
Nicorobín
Nicorobín

Back to top Go down

Post  Starfaller Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:24 pm

Nicorobín wrote:Great application. But with so many alts isn't it hard to stay on 1 char? As it shows in the application you've played on all your characters equally. If you join I guess we would want you as mage an not want you to change to a paladin for example after 1 week.
This aint my call tho, just want you to think about it :] Good luck otherwise!
I know, it looks like I change roles a lot. This is over 3 years though, and that's why my characters are all over the place Smile Recently I have switched between chars because of guilds/realms and currently, my 5 level 80s are spread over 3 realms and only 2 are on Talnivarr. But my mage is the one I want to play, the one I'm most comfortable with and the one I will play. If my guild needs me as mage, there's nothing that will make me change main Smile

Starfaller

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosesred Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:26 am

Hello!
We are accepting you as a Trial. Though We will demand that you use the new LFG system to get full t9gear within a week(On sunday). This is not a high demand or anything and will show us if you are dedicated or not.

Whisper a officer for invite.
Welcome!
//PCC

Rosesred
Guild leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down