Panda Chess Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Accepted]Elemental DPS - Sev

+3
Fintnamn
Geraldine
Sev
7 posters

Go down

[Accepted]Elemental DPS - Sev Empty [Accepted]Elemental DPS - Sev

Post  Sev Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:37 pm

Name: Chris.
Short description of yourself and your life: I honestly don't have much going on at the moment, I used to go to college to study electrical engineering but it wasn't for me. I plan on going back to college next september. I have been gaming for many years and enjoy playing with my friends who are all on this server.

Character name: Sev.
Ckass: Shaman.
Race: Orc.
Professions: Alchemy and Herbalism. Only took them up yesterday but I can change them if wanted.
Armory link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Talnivarr&n=Sev
Spec: Elemental, ignore the off spec. I never actually used it. I most likely will go resto off spec soon.
Reason for choosing your spec: I used to play elemental on this character in classic WoW. I enjoyed the high damage and AOE.
Are you willing to respec if we need you to?: Yes, absolutely.
Did you play your character from scratch?: Yep.
When did you start playing wow?: I started about 4-6 months after release.
Describe your spell/ability rotation on a regular raid encounter: FS - Lava - FN - CL - LB - LB - FN - CL - LB - Lava - LB - LB and repeat. I know which totems to use and to change them based on other shamans. I also use different totems should a differnent situation arise such as tremor for fear and earthbind for kiting etc.
How do you prepare yourself for a raid?: Buying flasks and potions. I use the mods needed such as deadly boss mods also.
Do you keep yourself up to date when it comes to theorycrafting and class changes: I often go on tankspot, wowhead, wow.com, elitistjerks and MMO-champion. I like to plan out my gear and enchants to get the most out of my character also.

What are your current regular playtimes?: 2:00PM to around midnight. Yeah, an unhealthy amount of hours Razz.
Are you involved in any activities that could interfere with your raiding?: Nope.

Pre-TBC raid experience: ZG, Onyxia, AQ 20 and some MC.
TBC-raid experience: None.
WotLK-raid experience: Naxx 10/25 clear, EoE 10 clear, VoA 10/25 clear, OS 10/25 clear, Ulduar 10 up to general in 10man, Ulduar 25 first 4 bosses. I raided on a character called Solirus which I no longer play.
Do you know your way around Ventrilo 2.x and have a microphone (and aren't afraid to use it): Yes on both.
Which guilds have you previously been in?: Agressive sense in WOTLK. nothing else worth a mention.
Why did you leave / Why were you kicked?: Guild was ninjad so it fell apart.
Why do you want to join Panda Chess Club?: Kza is a good friend of mine IRL and I know Totemterror pretty well so it would be great to raid alongside them. I would also like to defeat the lich king and have a guild for the next expansion for future raids.
Why should we concider recruiting you? (Sell yourself... This is an important question: I have yet to screw up tactics in a raid, at the most it takes a one try to fully understand what to do but that is usually not the case. I am completely fine with many wipes and hours to get progress. I am willing to take any constructive critisism and I guess I need it as I dinged 1 hour to christmas day but have been too busy gearing up to focus on profs which I can easily do in a few days.
Do you know anyone in the guild that would be able to vouch for your membership?: I raided alongside Kza till 3.1 which is when I quit (2 weeks before he downed Yogg Sad ). I know Viron who was in Epiphany and Hlp in real life too. Both people I also raided with. I never raided with Totemterror but I know him pretty well also.

Sev

Back to top Go down

[Accepted]Elemental DPS - Sev Empty Re: [Accepted]Elemental DPS - Sev

Post  Geraldine Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:22 am

Very good apply imo Bravo!

cheers

I don't know so much about shammys. Hopefully Fintnamn knows more about gear and enchatns
Geraldine
Geraldine

Back to top Go down

Post  Fintnamn Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:56 am

Okey... ill start with the spec, everything looks nice except 2 things, and thats "Improved Fire Nova" and "Elemental Warding" those 2 sucks for elemental, remove those 2 and take "Convection" instead, as elemental you shouldnt use Fire nova, thats more a spell for the enhancement.

Second, your gems. I have no idea why you using 12sp and 5 mp5, that gems you should totally throw away since its useless for elemental. And as a elemental shaman you should mainly go after haste if you are hit capped which you really are.

Also you should change the "Glyph of Lava" to "Glyph of Totem of Wrath". Now the questions is why? Simple, the Totem of Wrath glyph gives you 30% more spell power of the totem, which is alot better than just 10% more of the lava burst, if you get 30% more spell power of the totem you will increase your dps for LB,LvB,FS,CL and just not lava burst.

Cheers,
Robin aKa Fintnamn

Fintnamn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sev Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:22 am

Ok thanks for the input. I'll start working on what you have said Fint. I just did Ony 10 and TOC 10 to get a grips with the tactics also.

Sev

Back to top Go down

Post  Circhi Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:20 pm

You was with us in our TOC25 MAn run recently. And your dps wasent so impressive if i can say this.

IS it rotation problem or what is it? Since i dont know how the Elemental DPS is competetive etc.
Circhi
Circhi

Back to top Go down

Post  Fintnamn Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:23 pm

Try out FS - LvB - LB - LB etc untill LvB is back again you do that and when FS go out you just refresh it. Thats the one am using while playing elemental shaman, and i do atleast 5k dps with same gear as you!

Cheers,
Robin

Fintnamn

Back to top Go down

Post  Kza Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:22 pm

Fint, he was doing 5k+ dps in toc25 Smile Were u looking at viron when he was dpsing circhi because viron was hovering around 9th dps spot in 25 man Razz.

Kza

Back to top Go down

Post  Duuril Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:30 pm

It's not the rotation fault's as he said in the apply and wrote to me ingame he are pretty new dinged and he don't have that much haste yet, when he get about 600-900 haste he will pull out alot of damage, and he was doing pretty well with the gear he as now.

So what im trying to say just get some more haste and do some hc's to get better trinkets and you will be enoug geared to pull out 6-8kdps
Duuril
Duuril

Back to top Go down

Post  Circhi Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:44 am

Duuril wrote:It's not the rotation fault's as he said in the apply and wrote to me ingame he are pretty new dinged and he don't have that much haste yet, when he get about 600-900 haste he will pull out alot of damage, and he was doing pretty well with the gear he as now.

So what im trying to say just get some more haste and do some hc's to get better trinkets and you will be enoug geared to pull out 6-8kdps

Sorry for the missunderstanding Smile We'll try to give you an answer on sunday since no raid now duuring weekend anyway.
Circhi
Circhi

Back to top Go down

Post  Fintnamn Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:04 pm

Anyway, when you get over 500-600 haste you shouldnt use CL, since it will fuck up the dps, so i should say go get some more haste and then just use FS,LvB and LB

Cheers,
Robin

Fintnamn

Back to top Go down

[Accepted]Elemental DPS - Sev Empty Hi !

Post  Lilywén Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:56 am

Hi Chris.

Professions. I picked my professions because they give me stats, not for the money( i make no cash at all^^ ). If i were you i'd change my professions to like BS/JC/Inscription. But thats me, your choice actually Smile.

Gear. I saw you had full conquest gear, full T9 now days gives me the impression you're a noob who got his gear from heroics only, that doesn't mean i think ur a noob tho but it gives me the impression. However, let the shamans and officers/GM take care of this since im just à member of PCC.

GL In your application.

PS. Give me a whisp in-game sometime and ill go ToC25 or something with ya Very Happy

(wrote this on my iPhone so i made it short & easy)
Lilywén
Lilywén

Back to top Go down

Post  Kza Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:34 am

@ Lilly, i've played wow with this guy over my 5 years of wow and he was a pretty good player on his dk (solirus). He quit just before i killed yoggy(10)for the first time and has just returned recently to level his shammy(the original char i played with him) he only dinged the day before christmas hence the emblem gears Razz

I can definately vouch for this guy i've not often seen him fail tactics (i say not often to cover my ass if he ever does Razz) and kicks out good dps for his gear level.

Kza

Back to top Go down

Post  Sev Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:53 am

Hey guys, thanks for the replys.

Concerning my proffesions. I actually started alc and herb 3 (or was it 4, I forget Razz) days ago. I'm currently farming a lot of gold which when I get enough, I could always consider dropping herb and picking up a replacement.

As I said in my app, I haven't really been level 80 for too long, neither have I had the chance to pick up much better gear in a raiding guild. I have been on a ToC 25 clear run (which I am currently saved to) with Panda which I am very grateful for but unfortunately didn't get any gear which I can replace my welfare epics with. Other raids such as Ony and VoA didn't give me any gear improvements either. I have been attempting to get the hit rating cloak from ToC 5 hc so I can replace 1 of my rings but unfortunately I have yet to see it drop. Other from that there is not much I can do except get crafted gear and pug raids once a week with the slim chance I may win somthing.

I understand there must have been confusion with my DPS in the raid you guys took me to because I really wasn't doing as bad as it was previously made out. You also need to remember my gear isn't the best. If it matters I have damage screenshots of the last raid I did which was VoA 25, in them you can see my damage is acceptable and I also did slightly more damage than a better geared elemental shaman. Then again it's not really a brilliant example for charts.

I consider myself a fairly intelligent player whom can follow advice and tactics well. I just would like the chance to prove myself to you all Smile.

Thanks for reading and sorry for the wall of text!

Sev

Back to top Go down

Post  Fintnamn Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:02 am

Woaw, this is one hell of a text wall! And cant really tell your dps on VoA bosses since you dont have to move alot or think about other things which you need in the other raids, but i like this guy and think he should get a chance, hes really doing everything to improve himself, ive been talking with him about gem,glyph,spec etc and what i know he have fixed everything. Vouch for Sev!

Cheers,
Robin

Fintnamn

Back to top Go down

Post  Circhi Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:14 pm

Accepted

Whisper any officer for a invite

Welcome to PCC
Circhi
Circhi

Back to top Go down